1. Home
  2. /
  3. 30th November 2023 |...

30th November 2023 | Dalton Community Association Trustees Meeting

 

1)         AC (Vice Chair) Opened the meeting and welcomed all Trustees present

 

Attendance:

 Anthony Callister (AC) Vice Chair, Dave Ward (DW), Raymond Willock (RW) Ann Thurlow (AT), Ian Maddox (IM), Claire Stainton (CS), Sue Johnson (SJ) Kathy Corn (KC)

 

2)           Apologies: Val Robinson VR (Chair), John McGill (JM), Barry Doughty (BD), Brian Ryninks (BR) (Due to remote connection difficulties), Nick Perie (NP), Martin McLeavy (MM), Steve Nott (SN),

 

3)         Declaration of interests:

              Raymond Willock – Fairtrade, Ann Thurlow – Dalton Town Council, Anthony Callister – Westmorland and Furness Councillor

 

4)          Minutes of the Meeting

              The Minutes of the Meeting of the 26th of October 2023 were circulated to Trustees prior to the meeting. The minutes were approved by the Trustees as a true record. (IM/AT)

 

5)          Matters Arising Not on the Agenda

              No matters arising.

 

6)         Financial approval

              Income banked for the month of November was £650.95 which were payments for room hire, from 26/10/23 to 21/11/23 cheque numbers 3663 to 3669 were issued for a variety of items, totalling £1,271.20.  A total amount of £13.19 was spent from petty cash.  Payments were discussed and approved.

 

7)           Financial Report

  1. BR had circulated the monthly management accounts to all trustees prior to the meeting that showed that for the month of October, we had an unrestricted fund surplus of £602 giving a 7-month cumulative unrestricted surplus of £2,562. This resulted in unrestricted reserves of £63,589 against the reserve policy requirement of £34,000.

 

As far as restricted funds are concerned, in October there was a surplus of £3,451 mainly due to the funds received from Cumbria Community Foundation i.e. £1,700 for the hall floor and £1,895 for detached youth worker(s), giving a 7-month cumulative surplus of £880, leaving a total of unspent restricted funds of £7,842.

 

8         Building Works

  1. Fire Alarm Testing – This was completed prior to the meeting by IM & KC. KC to now complete and log a weekly Fire Alarm Test. FTS onsite 12th December for 6 monthly service/test.

Action -KC

 

                                                                                                              

  1. Hall Floor DW to arrange with KC and IM as this will only progress after Christmas. DW asked if we have an account with MKM and SN offered to obtain a more up to date quotation from them.

            Action – DW/IM/SN 

                           

  1. Flat Roof Replacement. Ongoing – BD to contact Home Assist regarding issues with the flat roof above Army Cadets. BD then to discuss findings with IM.  In addition, IM informed trustees that the flat roof over the table and chairs storeroom  requires a regular sweep off every two months, as the gutters and downpipe get blocked causing damp. AC volunteered to do this. IM/KC to send AC  convenient dates and times.                                                                      Action – AC/IM/BD/KC

 

  1. Carpet CleanKC informed that the hall and reception carpets along with chairs have now been cleaned at the cost of £534.00.

                                                                                                                               

9)                  User Groups and New Business

  1. Dalton Youthy – SJ gave an update and informed that there had been a good uptake due to the bad weather. One incident was reported by SJ, which resulted in the group closing early but more sessions have been booked and no further incidents reported.

Action – SJ

                                                                                                            

  1. Childrens Parties KC informed that we had no parties since the last meeting. New BusinessVR spoke with Jenny Riley, NHS community, regarding using our facilities to hold a group for those who are socially isolated and struggling with loneliness in and around Dalton. It was agreed that they would  use the East Wing, Monday afternoons, starting from the 8th of Jan at the cost of £10 per hour. Two new hot water flasks to be provided – KC to source and purchase.

                                        Action – KC

 

  1. Suicide Prevention Training – AC informed that the first session will be held in the computer room on the 31st of January. AC informed trustees that he will be attending this session.

                      

 

10)                  Energy Issues

Service of Boiler/Alternative Energy – Our current contract with British Gas (BG) will come to an end in 24. Trustees to look into alternative supplier or negotiate a new contract with BG as prices will increase substantially.

                                                                                                                   Action Trustees

Baywinds – Ongoing – No update – BD still waiting on a reply.

Action – BD

 

11)                  IT RoomIM/KC informed all trustees present that most computers were not currently working, and it was agreed that they could be recycled, leaving the few that were in working order, in situ along back wall. SJ informed of a charity that took old computers and would contact them to see if they would be interested in recycling the remaining computers.

Action – IM/KC/SJ

 

12)                  Sensory Room – KC emailed Ben Shirley, councillor, with a breakdown of costs for blackout blinds, paint & cupboard doors and asked for a contribution of £500 towards this.  KC awaiting reply.

                 Action – KC

 

13)                  Website –  IM informed that he continues to submit minutes of our meetings every two months for publication on website.

 

 

 

14)                  Governance – Polices for Review

                        VR circulated the Data Protection Policy, Data Protection Statement and DCA Privacy Notice and Data Protection Procedures to all trustees prior to the meeting and asked all trustees for their help and support with these. All trustees present said they had read through policies and no concerns were raised.

                                         

15)                  A.O. B

Cleaning Day – To be arrange for February during half term school holidays, Mon 12th to Fri 16th. Actual day/date to be confirmed at next meeting.

Action – Trustees

DW – Gave a special thank you to Val for all her hard work, help and support throughout the year, which was seconded by all trustees.

 

 

16)                    Date and Time of Next Meeting

VR  will chair the next meeting, which will be at 5.30pm on Thursday  25th January 2024, at the centre.